- Do most rental properties come furnished?
YES, this information can be found on our marketing flyers or website
- Are rent rates negotiable?
YES, most of the times.
- Are utilities included in the rental?
No, unless otherwise stated in the description on our website/flyer. However, some landlords will include cable or internet.
- Are all properties Pet Friendly?
No, not all landlord accept pets. This information can be found on our marketing flyers or website.
- Do I have to pay Century 21 for helping me find a place?
No, our service is FREE to you!
- Are all SGU rental properties located on the bus route?
Most of them are, but some are located a bit further and will require tenants to have their own vehicles. This information can be found on our marketing flyers or website.
- Do I have to sign a lease?
YES. This lease will also have to be notarised if you are overseas
- What is the typically lease term?
1 year lease is the most common. However, 5-6 month leases are also available.
- Payments required to secure the property?
A deposit equivalent to 1 months rent to secure the property is required. This can be paid by ECD or USD Cash. USD Cheques and Credit Cards are not accepted. The deposit & first months rent are normally due on signing of the lease. You may also require to pay a Pet Deposit, if you are renting with pets.
- Is the deposit refundable?
Yes, however, the deposit is Non-refundable if you choose not to move into the property by the agreed date or through breach of contract.
- Who do I pay my rent to?
The rent is paid normally directly to the landlord and the utilities are paid to the various utility companies. However, if your utilities are included in the rent, then the landlord pays them.